Apple Color Song for Preschoolers

9.12.2013


Learn about colors with this fun apple song!  It's great for the littles, so toddlers and preschoolers will LOVE this activity and the coordinating apple tree printable that goes along with it!  Enjoy this song during your Letter A week or with other apple theme activities.

apple song for preschoolers

Since my Flower Shape Sort printable shared on this blog was so well received, I began thinking of another one to make for all of you-- and us, too!  I set to work making an apple theme printable to use during Tot School,  during our Letter A week, although we did have to tweak it a bit. Still, I wanted to share it with you!

This activity was inspired by a color chant I had read or heard about several years ago-- back when Big Brother was about 3ish!  {Sniff, sniff... seems SO long ago!}.  The original chant had something to do with monkeys in a tree, but since it was Letter A week during Tot School recently, I changed up the words (as I remember) so that Apples were in the tree.

Preschool Apple Song


Don't worry if you're not musically inclined (like me!!), this "song" is actually said more as a chant, so get clapping!

The chant goes like this:


Apples, apples... 
in the tree...
throw the {color word} apple...
down to me!  

Supplies:

  • Apple Song Printable
  • Velcro
  • Laminator
  • File Folder


To re-use this activity, laminate it and add velcro to the apples and apple tree!  Glue the tree printable to a file folder for easy access and storage.  Have fun teaching/ reinforcing colors to your little ones with this fun apple song!

Click on the each image to get your {FREE} printables!  

As always, feel free to share this post and I hope you and your tot enjoy some apple fun!
For personal use only
Do not alter, copy, sell, or host file elsewhere.

toddler apple ideatoddler color activity