Simple Baby Play Idea: Pillow Climbing

9.10.2013

I almost didn't want to share this activity deeming it too simple.

All you need is a crawling baby and pillows-- can't get much simpler than that!

I mean just check out a new parents'-to-be baby registry and it's full of  fun, colorful, and flashy baby gear.

I know... I had a baby registry just like that!  Simple baby play didn't even cross my mind with my first!

Don't get me wrong, those things have their place and we own several of those toys, but I've learned keeping it simple is the best way to enjoy and bond with your baby.

pillow climbing activity for crawling babies

And sniff, sniff... they grow up too fast!

My little guy that has been featured in my previous baby play ideas is now 9 months!

Baby Play Idea for Crawlers


Anyways, this idea came to mind as my baby boy was climbing and crawling on me for the up-teenth time.

Can you relate?

All the sudden I become a jungle gym when I am trying to *just* sit and relax on the floor while baby plays and explores another toy.


Instead of mommy being a jungle gym, I set out some pillows for my baby boy to climb over!

This activity is great for getting those large muscles moving and grooving!

Grab some pillows and a toy, if baby needs enticing, and join in the fun : )  Add in the siblings, too!

Have fun climbing!

I'd love for you to follow along so you never miss out on one of our fun activities we share at School Time Snippets!
Follow on Bloglovin