Note I am no food photographer! Wish I were though... they can make any dish look appetizing! You cannot tell much, but our jello pie is purple.
- There was not a lesson in the manual, so I took this time to review all of the places we've visited during our FIAR journey! Tyler remembered the location of France, Italy, Russia, and Canada but many others he had forgotten.
- Skip Counting-- Tyler reviewed skip counting by 2's and 5's and I introduced skip counting by 3's and 4's. Tyler completed Skip Counting by 2's, 3's, and 4's mazes that I made. We also briefly talked about Multiplication... which that, and learning Cursive Writing, were some of my favorite things learned in Third Grade!
- Fractions-- using printables from Homeschool Share we talked about 1 Whole, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, and 1/8.
- Melted Crayon Canvas Art- just for fun and because I have been wanting to do one of these for the past couple of months!
- Draw the Story-- thought this would be a neat activity to engage Tyler more into the story; as I read it, he drew what was happening on a looooooooong sheet of paper covering the wall. He became Harold!
- Shades of Purple-- mixed different amounts of red and blue to make different shades of purple. Didn't turn out that well, maybe because I dipped the paint with a q-tip. Food coloring may have been better?!
- Transportation Sort-- found these pictures on TpT and had Tyler sort them by land, air, or sea.
- Phases of the Moon-- I found a song about the phases of the moon on TpT that we watched and listened to several times; we have talked about phases before, so this was also a good review on some basic facts. I cut out 5 phases of the moon and had Tyler put them in order.
- Moon Crater Experiment-- I filled a pan with flour and hot cocoa mix and Tyler dropped several marbles and bouncy balls to create craters! We both got a bit messy!
Next week we are reading, "If Jesus Came to My House." It is a book from B4FIAR that we never got around to last year. Thanks for stopping bye!