Turkey Crafts

11.14.2011

Many things come to mind when I think of "Thanksgiving;" but one thing that stands out is food... food.... and more food!  Today we started our Thanksgiving festivities with reading and doing activities for "I know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie."  You can find some activities to go along with this book at Lil' Country Kindergarten and Almost Unschoolers.

Afterwards, we switched gears and read a book about Turkeys.  T completed a 'Label the Turkey' and a 'Turkey Brainstorming' worksheet that I found at What The Teacher Wants.  T also did a couple crafts I'd like to share with you! 

Turkey Lacing.  I found this at The Idea Box, but the idea originated at Ramblings of a Crazy Woman.
* You will need a Turkey cut-out ( I drew an 8 on a brown paper bag), hole puncher, yarn, googly-eyes, and scraps of paper for beak and snood.

Apple Turkey (a craft and snack in one!)
*We used an apple for the body, marshmallows and gummy snacks for the feathers, raisins for eyes, and a broken piece of candy corn for his beak-- attach with toothpicks!  The Turkey we were trying to copy had gumdrop feathers and is wayyyyy *cuter* than ours-- we tried!  He was yummy though!


Learning Numbers Turkey-- I don't have a picture.  My camera battery died!  I had T color his turkey, cut it out and then glue pieces onto the Turkey's tail.  I had T work on Counting by 5's since we are also learning how to tell time in our Math U See Curriculum right now. 

Enjoy!  Gobble, Gobble!
I'd love for you to follow along so you never miss out on one of our fun activities we share at School Time Snippets!
 Follow on Bloglovin